Saturday, May 5, 2012

CMPB @ Dempsey

call me mountain tortoise, but this is only my 2nd time at Dempsey! can you believe it?!

so we had dinner and drinks at CMPB tonight. i've been having major truffle fries craving the entire week! so i ordered the steak sandwich with truffle fries as my main course. Gosh, my ciabatta sandwich with medium rare steak was HUGE! and for a big eater like me, says alot about the portion if i couldnt finish the bread! the truffle fries was alright. satisfied my craving but it wasn't fantastic. one of my friends ordered the cod and chips which is basically just the normal fish & chips that we concluded that fish & co serves better; while another friend ordered the rosti with cheese sausage. the chicken cheese sausage was not bad.

happy hours is till 9pm daily. and there's live band performance every monday and tuesday from 8pm; friday and saturday from 10pm. i like the band playing yesterday! the voice of the female singer was clean and cool. i like! another unique thing about this place is that they serve complimentary soup every night around 11 plus, 12. it was chicken soup tonight and i thought it was good!

overall, the place is rather pricey though. on top of our main courses, we had a happy hour drink each and we later ordered a bottle of wine. the total bill for 3 of us amounted to $222. the ambience was good but i think the food could be improved. will probably head back next time for drinks, the music and the free soup! but will skip the dinner. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to eat fries too