Wednesday, June 27, 2012

body mass index

are you a weight conscious person? do you weigh yourself everyday? 
well, i do check my weight now and then. but i never quite knew what my BMI was. i remembered very long ago when i first calculated my BMI, i think my BMI was underweight or something. so i've been wanting to check on my BMI but been too lazy to find the formula out.

So today, i came across this on a poster. yay! can calculate my BMI! you can go calculate it too! 
here's the range of BMI and the categories. so which one do you fall under?
Category
BMI range – kg/m2
Very severely underweight
less than 15.0
Severely underweight
from 15.0 to 16.0
Underweight
from 16.0 to 18.5
Normal (healthy weight)
from 18.5 to 25
Overweight
from 25 to 30
Obese Class I (Moderately obese)
from 30 to 35
Obese Class II (Severely obese)
from 35 to 40
Obese Class III (Very severely obese)
over 40


No comments: