Monday, July 30, 2012

Cheque book (212/365)

I have 2 checking accounts, one of which is from HSBC. Though i have two cheque books, my record of writing checks can be counted by 10 fingers. I am still not very good at writing cheques, as in i can't do it without checking two or three times. I think the secretary in my company can do a much better job than me.

I remember when i was young, i see mummy write cheques. That was my first memory of cheque. I remember asking her why she have to write the amount in alphabets and then end it with only. And i remember asking how come she write the figures and must put crosses behind. i don't remember her giving me logical answers then. maybe she just said that is how they way it should be. But as a degree holder in banking and finance, i know the logical answer now.

I still like the sound of tearing out the cheque after it is written. Satisfying sound!


No comments: