Saturday, February 4, 2012

cafe with a cause

been wanting to try the Joan Bowen cafe ever since I heard about it last year and I finally had the chance to today!

The Joan Bowen Cafe is actually a social enterprise that trains and hires youths with special needs, equipping them with culinary skills, giving them a place to make their mark in society :) it's situated in a little corner at Sennett Estate, a very cosy cafe.

they serve western fare with your usual fish n chips, pasta and desserts. I had the rosemary & lemon chicken while my friend had the aglio olio. they were pretty good and reasonably priced! service was very sincere too. would definitely head back there again! so near my house and I'm really for the idea behind this cafe :)

do check them out! to know more about the cafe, u can visit their website: www.joanbowen.com

No comments: