Sunday, April 15, 2012

katong, my favourite area

katong has a special place in my heart. it's an area that watched me grow up. from a little kid when grandpa used to bring me to eat mac hashbrowns, to spending my pri and sec days attending Chinese tuitions at katong mall, hanging out with friends at the various eateries along katong in my jc days and discovering astons during uni. and now I'm even attending the church in the area.

I love katong! it's convenient to me yet not so accessible to the entire Singapore population because it doesn't have a nearby train station (for now). I love the houses here too! though the prices are exorbitant. I really wish my future home can be in this area!

seeing this sign, I can't help but sing along one of the national day songs 'Di tanjong katong, airnya buri. di situ tempatnya dara jelita...'

No comments: