Wednesday, November 21, 2012

collecting stamps

traditional snail mails are less common these days with the convenience of emails and mobile communication. I wonder if traditional mails will become obsolete one day. but as I blogged before, it always nice to receive a personalized card or letter in the mail. that feeling is very different one.

there was a period of time when I was younger that I tried collecting stamps as a hobby. it didn't last long though. i wonder if collecting stamps is still a hobby people keep. stamp collection used to be interesting cos every year there will be different stamp designs. do people even bother to design stamps these days? for the longest time, the image of the rickshaw with the beige background was the face of our local stamp!

hmm, will mr postman be out of job soon? I hope not... well at least my stamps might become valuable as an antique?



No comments: