Saturday, March 10, 2012

the latest food craze

it started with bubble tea, followed by coffee buns, then it was donuts and now we have the latest food craze - the new generation ultra smooth beancurd.

it all started with Lao Ban beancurd which has a branch in old airport road and another in maxwell food centre. it's so popular, there's normally a very long queue and people usually buy more than 1 container. with the popularity of these ultra smooth beancurd, more of such stalls have started to open, all serving the same type of smooth, milky, melt-in-your-mouth beancurd. even good old rochor beancurd has jumped on the bandwagon and introduce an addition variety of these beancurd.

I must say that I quite like the softness of these beancurd. and for the record, I'm not a big fan of beancurd.

also, I think Lao ban is overrated. I wouldn't mind just eating the smooth beancurd from the competitor just a few stalls down from Lao ban at old airport road. at least I don't have to queue!

No comments: